Monday, March 28, 2011

No directions home


As per league rules, we are supposed to email our opposing coaches with directions to our home field early in the week. Obviously, I put all other work aside to get this done first thing this morning. Never mind the boss clamoring for an urgent report to be finished. I’m already thinking of next Saturday.

Of course, I regard this opening communication as the first salvo in what will be a war with this other team. So, I email the coach a slightly amended version of the directions with two wrong-turns thrown in. Nothing like making the other squad late for the match to throw them off their game. When I see our opponents sprinting through the carpark in a frenzy next Saturday, I'll know the first half will be that much easier for my boys.

This is the kind of thing they never teach you on coaching courses.  Competitive advantage, I think it's called.

No comments:

Post a Comment